Thursday, June 28, 2012

Escalation Dark Eldar

In light of the recent revelation that Stomping Grounds is holding an escalation league to mark the kick off of 6th Ed. 40K, I've allowed myself to be coerced into trying to get the initial 500 pts. of a Dark Eldar army painted.  I've got a little bit of a head start on the project based upon my efforts from the initial re-release of the Dark Eldar line, but that amounts to a whopping 4 painted Kabalite Warriors and an Archon, so I've got my work cut out for me.  I'm probably aiming for a basic list consisting of a unit of warriors, a unit of wyches, the archon, and maybe a raider.  I'd love to work in a small unit of Incubi (I love the models) in a Viper, but I don't believe I have the points yet.  After the first escalation bump though...

At any rate, I've primed a bunch of warriors (5) and begun the work of painting them up.  I'm taking pictures of the steps as I go, so I'll post those in a followup, possibly tomorrow night.  I'd be interested to know what people think, as well as hear whatever constructive feedback some may have.  So, sorry for the letdown, but followup posts should have some decent pics and procedures as I work out how best to paint the models I need in the time I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment