Monday, July 2, 2012

The Ol' Bait and Switch

So I know I said I'd be bringing you some Dark Eldar in the very near future, but I decided to pull a fast one and instead I present to you an Ogre Kingdoms Ogre (Formerly Bull, which I much preferred).




I am still trying to settle on some scheme details, but I think I like the high contrast flesh scheme seeing as the models have such accentuated musculature.  I think I may yet add some tattoos of the maw, as well as the bloodied fist so commonly seen in the ogres from the rulebook, but all in all, a decent go at it.  It should be mentioned that I had just finished doing the base drybrushing and it seems a bit glossy in the pics.  Also, I am experimenting with the best way to represent snow on the bases of my models, but when I settle on a decent, well-wearing way to do snow, I'll be finishing the bases and re-posting as a unit.  I've got to model the standard bearer for the unit still, but that might be a decent little post in and of itself.

I will need to build myself a nice little light box for shooting some pics of these models in the future as I get this blog moving, but I think this will suffice.

Farewell for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment