I think I'm OK with most of what I produced on this model, but I learned some things and there are definitely areas that could do with some improvement. The attempt to base the model wasn't as convincing as I would really have hoped, though that may ultimately end up being a forgotten experiment. The glow from the necrotite furnace is strong, but I think I'm pretty much OK with the effect; it helps to offset the otherwise monotone generic Cryx scheme.
I would like to acquire some pigments to use for rust effects as I just can't seem to find a way to make Vermin brown wash look dusty enough, and the bone could possibly use some more work, but I think it's a decent first (and second and third) hack at Cryx.
Anyway, I've posted two other views of the same model below. I just now realized that I didn't put the static grass on the base, so that may help the land part look more organic, so when I post a picture of the whole battlegroup, I'll make sure I've got the grass in place. At any rate, feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. I should be receiving my Asphyxious and Skarlock from my FLGS this week, so the 15 point battles will commence shortly!
|Repeat of above|
|My typical view|